- 1 lb of ground sausage, or sausage removed from casings
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 4 eggs
- Salt, pepper, and dried rosemary to taste
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a medium sized oven safe skillet brown the sausage, then transfer to a plate when cooked through.
- Reduce heat to medium-high, add the onions (to the existing sausage grease) and saute until translucent. Transfer to the plate with the sausage.
- Add 1 Tbsp of oil to the skillet and over medium-high heat, cook the sweet potatoes, stirring occasionally, until tender (about 10 minutes). Sprinkle some rosemary over sweet potatoes.
- Add sausage and onions back to the skillet and stir everything together, mixing well.
- Crack four eggs over the top of the hash, then place the skillet into the oven and cook for about 10-15 minutes until eggs are set.
Note: This meal makes for a super hearty breakfast, but its also great for dinner!