For the crust:
- 1/4 cup melted and cooled coconut oil
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Pumpkin Pie filling:
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- Powdered sugar (optional topping)
- Whipped cream or coconut whipped cream (optional topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add coconut oil, sugar, egg and vanilla extract to your food processor or high speed mixer and mix (or process) until well combined.
- Add in almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt into the mixture. Mix/process until a dough forms. Allow dough to sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the dough to the prepared baking pan spreading out the dough evenly towards the edges.
- Bake for 9 minutes, then let the dough cool.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree, eggs, almond milk, maple syrup, coconut sugar, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice until smooth.
- Pour the filling mixture over the crust, and tap gently on the counter to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until set and firm.
- Once completely cool, cut into 12 bars and serve with whipped cream or powdered sugar.