- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 3/4-1 cup water or unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 medium chicken breasts
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 large spaghetti squash, cooked & shredded
- fresh parsley chopped
Make the chicken:
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides with plenty of salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat, then add chicken breasts to pan.
- Cook 8-9 minutes total for medium chicken breasts and 9-10 minutes for large chicken breasts, flipping half way through to make sure they are cooked on both sides.
- When cooked through, remove from pan and slices into strips.
Make the Alfredo sauce:
- In a high-speed blender, combine all sauce ingredients.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- Transfer contents to a sauce pan and heat over low heat.
- Place a portion of the heated and shredded spaghetti squash at the bottom of your plate.
- Spoon a healthy portion of the Alfredo sauce onto the spaghetti squash, and add the sliced chicken on top of the sauce.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and more freshly cracked black pepper.
Note – this dish is great with broccoli, or mushrooms!