- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 6 strips bacon, cooked & chopped
- 2lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked & cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into small pieces
- ¼ cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- ¾ cup cashews
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup fresh chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Baking the spaghetti squash:
- Preheat oven to 400℉
- Trim both ends from spaghetti squash with a large knife, and pierce the skin of the squash multiple times all over.
- Place spaghetti squash in the oven on a baking sheet.
- Bake 35-45 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Use a fork to carefully remove seeds and strands of squash to a bowl. Set aside.
Sauce & Assembly:
- Place cashews in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Place a lid over the bowl and allow to sit for 30 minutes.
- Drain cashews and place in a blender.
- Add nutritional yeast, half of the minced garlic, lemon juice, a pinch of salt and almond milk to the cashews in the blender.
- Blend on high for 2 minutes. Taste and adjust salt as needed.
- Cook the chopped bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat, until crisp. Set aside.
- Over medium-high heat cook the asparagus pieces in the bacon grease (about 4-5 minutes).
- Lastly, add remaining minced garlic and continue to cook until fragrant. Then add spaghetti squash and cashew sauce to the pan. Stir well then add chicken, sun dried tomatoes, bacon and parsley into the mixture. Allow everything to heat through.