- 1 fresh pineapple, skin & core removed, cut into rounds
- 2 lbs boneless chicken thighs, or breasts
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 4-6 pitted dates, soaked for 10-15 minutes to soften & then drained
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Soak dates in warm water as noted to soften.
- For the marinade, place all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and run continuously to combine until smooth.
- Place chicken in a freezer sized sealable bag, pour the marinade over, toss to coat. Seal the bag and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes but preferably overnight.
- When you are about ready to grill, cut pineapple into rounds, having removed the skin and core.
- Heat your grill to high heat, add the chicken and pineapple to the grill.
- Using any remaining marinade, baste the chicken while grilling, flipping once until cooked through, about 5-6 minutes on each side.
- Remove pineapple from the grill while its still slightly firm, about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve chicken and pineapple with your desired side, this recipe goes great with cauliflower rice and green beans!