Todays recipe is one from the WCSC Nutrition program! Its a great healthy substitute for crispy fried chicken, and its tastes amazing!!
- 4 boneless-skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup dry quinoa
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp salt and pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 4 tablespoon nutritional yeast (purchase at whole foods)
- Place chicken broth and quinoa in medium sized sauce pan and bring to boil. Cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Once liquid is absorbed, remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir in chili pepper, cumin, pepper, salt, cayenne pepper, and paprika.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Spread quinoa in a thin layer over parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
- Transfer to bowl and place in the refrigerator.
- Bump oven up to 400 degrees.
- While quinoa is cooling, beat in a separate bowl the egg whites and lime juice. Dip chicken in the egg wash and then in quinoa. Pat quinoa onto chicken until its completely coated.
- Place chicken on aluminum foil lined baking sheet and sprinkle nutritional yeast on top and bake for 25 minutes.