This hearty protein packed chili is perfect for this cold fall weather!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 diced onion
- 2 diced Jalapeno peppers
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp oregano
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 15-oz can white beans
- 1 lb boneless-skinless organic chicken breast
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 2 tbs cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup salsa verde
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, then add onions and peppers. Cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add garlic and cumin and cook for about 1 minute
- Add broth, salsa verde, chicken, beans, quinoa, oregano, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook until chicken is cooked and quinoa is tender. About 10-15 minutes.
- Remove chicken, shred or dice, and return to the soup and add in lime juice and cilantro.
*Crock pot option: place all ingredients in crock pot expect lime juice and cilantro and cook on low for 6-8 hours.