Nothing tastes better in cold rainy weather than a nice big bowl of soup!
- 1 container low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can low-sodium green beans
- 4-5 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 cup red cabbage, diced
- 1 cup kale, diced
- 1 squash or zucchini, diced
- ½ medium sweet onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning blend
- Add broth and tomatoes into a large soup pan and heat to medium heat.
- Add 1 TBSP olive oil to sauté pan and sauté chopped garlic, onion, carrots, and celery in a pan until browning (~3 minutes on medium heat).
- Once broth and tomatoes come to a simmer, add all additional ingredients into mixture except for kale and cabbage. Continue to heat on medium heat.
- Next, add kale and cabbage to pot and stir. Let soup simmer for 10-12 minutes. 5. Remove from heat.
*This soup is able to be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-6 days and can also be frozen for later use.