This weeks recipe is a tasty and healthy dessert! These dark chocolate avocado truffles are packed with all the healthy nutrients of avocados, as well as the delicious taste of dark chocolate. They are great for an after dinner treat, or a mid day snack attack!
- 1 ripe avocado
- 6 oz dark chocolate (bar or chips)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 TBSP raw cacao powder, for rolling
- Combine chocolate chips, vanilla extract, and sea salt together in a double broiler. Melt and stir.
- In a a small bowl, mash avocado until smooth.
- Stir avocado into to the chocolate mixture. Let mixture set in fridge for 30-45 minutes.
- Once chocolate mixture has set, use a tablespoon to dollop out truffles, roll in hands to smooth into balls, and roll in cacao mixture to coat. Set aside on parchment paper. Repeat for 12 total truffles. Store in fridge, serve at room temperature.
For more information on the Westcoast Strength and Conditioning nutrition program check out the Nutrition portion of our website, or contact us at email@example.com!