- 2 lbs boneless-skinless chicken breast
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 T fresh lemon juice
- 1 T red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves (minced) • 2 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried coriander
- 2 large bell peppers diced
- 3 zucchini sliced
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 medium cucumber (peeled and seeded), chopped into small pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T chopped parsley
- 1 T chopped fresh dill
- Prepare the marinade (1/4 cup olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, oregano, basil, thyme, coriander and season with salt and pepper to taste). Let chicken soak in the marinade for about 2 hours.
- Cut the chicken into pieces for the kebobs.
- Toss the veggies in 2 T olive oil
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat
- Thread the chicken pieces, peppers, zucchini and onions on the skewers
- Cook skewers for 7-9 minutes, until chicken is 165 degrees in the center (turn after about 4 minutes).
Prepare the tzatizki sauce:
- Place chopped cucumber in a strainer and sprinkle with salt (lightly) let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes
- Squeeze cucumbers in a paper towel to drain the excess water then place in a food processor and pulse to chop fine
- Pour cucumbers into a mixing bowl add Greek yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, and dill and season with salt and pepper to taste. Whisk all ingredients
- Use over chicken kebabs and ENJOY!