A healthier version of Nachos made with Bell Pepper, Ground Beef, Guacamole and Pico de Gallo. Paleo (use Paleo friendly cheese) and Ketogenic recipe.
- 1 pd ground beef
- 3 cups sliced bell pepper (into chip sizes) about 3 big bell peppers
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- ¼ cup salsa of choice
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- 1 lime
- 2 tbsp green onion
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- *favorite nacho toppings
- In a bowl, add ¼ cup onion, cherry tomatoes, green onion and cilantro. Add red wine vinegar and salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- In another bowl, add avocado and mash with a fork. Add in ¼ cup onion, and juice of lime. Set aside.
- For the meat:
- In a pan over medium heat, add 1 tbsp olive oil. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions begin to get translucent, about 5 minutes. Add in ground beef.
- Using a spatula, break up ground beef in pan. Cook until no longer pink, about 8-10 minutes. Stir in salsa and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- To assemble:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lay out Bell Pepper Slices and put in oven for about five minutes.
- Take out of oven then cover with meat mixture. Add cheese on top and any other toppings you want heated.
- Cook for 10 minutes until cheese has melted.
- Take out of oven and top with allllllll your favorite toppings. (My favorites include Greek Yogurt or Crema, Pickled Red Onions, extra Cilantro, olives, jalapenos, Pickled Radishes, etc.
You could easily substitute the ground beef for ground turkey or even ground pork.